Domain .cn - national domain: China
Registration fee$40,99 / yearThe .cn domain registration requires acceptance of the CNNIC rules. The current requirements are available on the https://letsdomains.com/domain-database/cn website.
Renewal fee$40,99 / year
Trade fee$21,99The domain owner change does not extend its validity.
Transfer fee$137,49renewal included
Minimum registration and renewal period1 year
.cn domain registration requires you to accept many CNNIC registry rules, and registration procedures are subject to frequent changes. The current registration rules are listed below.
- The selected domain name cannot contain words reserved by Chinese authorities and, among others, geographical names, generic names of goods and industries, and trademarks registered by other entities.
- The registrant must provide complete and up-to-date information necessary for the registration.
- The registrant must read and agree to all the terms and policies of the CNNIC registry.
- The registrant must comply with all policies regarding content permitted on pages located in the .cn domain.
- The domain needs to be hosted on servers located outside of the territory of China (the exception to this rule is valid only if you hold a valid ICP number).
- The registrant must take full responsibility for any possible domain name suspension or other consequences related to a breach of the CNNIC rules.
- It is also possible to register .cn IDN domains which use the letters of the Chinese alphabet.
.cn domain registration for foreign entities (based outside of China)
The CNNIC domain registry allows foreign entities to register .cn domains. Currently, to register .cn domains, business entities need to provide a copy of the entry in the business register and natural persons need to submit a copy of their identity document.
From March 2022, for each registration (for a natural person or company), it is also necessary to submit a scanned ID document of the person representing the subscriber, entered as the contact person in the order, to the register. It must be a scan of an ID card or passport. We cannot activate the domain without meeting this requirement.
.cn domain registration for Chinese entities
The registration and assignment of .cn domains to the data of an entity based in China may involve additional procedures and costs. Please contact us for a quote for such a service before placing an order.
Other .cn domain extensions
For whom is a .cn domain name?
In 2015, China was fourth on the list of the most visited countries in the world. Register your .cn domain name for your travel agency or hotel to promote travels to China. You can also choose your name in the .cn domain name and start your business today.
.cn - country code top-level domain name (ccTLD): China
The available domain TLDs: .cn
Registry: Chinese Academy of Sciences
Public WHOIS server: whois.cnnic.net.cn
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Search for other domain extensions
Why choose us?
No hidden costs
Out price list is clear and permanently available on the website. When you register or transfer a domain, you always see full information about the price at the very beginning of the service.
1000 domain extensions
We register domain names from almost all countries around the world. You can choose up to 1000 extensions: national (country code), global and new domains.
20 years of experience
People standing behind Let's Domains are specialists experienced in the domain market. We have been registering domains for almost 20 years.
International domain experts
We will help you to protect the brand in every country you want to do business. We can register domain names for you even in countries where it is possible only for citizens or local companies.
Minimum of formalities
Register domain names online, in just a few minutes, with a minimum of formalities. If domain registration requires filling or delivering additional documents, we will help you comply with all formalities.