.ngo - sTLD
NGOs, or non-governmental organizations are non-political and non-profit groups with missions and goals focused on humanitarian work. In order to better facilitate NGOs and NGO associations, and help build a credible online presence, .NGO offers a TLD meant especially for these organizations. .NGO may be used by any registered NGO or NGO association looking to expand its online presence, become a part of a broad network of NGOs, and create a more easily accessible base of NGO communications.
Public Interest Registry has worked closely with the global NGO community to develop a validation process for NGOs and ONGs seeking to register .NGO|.ONG domains. Seven criteria are used to define an NGO or ONG for the purpose of validation:
- Focused on acting in the public interest. Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the .NGO|.ONG community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
- Non-profit making/non-profit-focused entities. While many NGOs and ONGs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of theirs missions, members of the .NGO|.ONG community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
- Limited government influence. Recognizing that many .NGO|.ONG organisations have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs,) members of the .NGO|.ONG community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
- Independent actors. Members of the .NGO|.ONG community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of a .NGO|.ONG is voluntary.
- Active Organisations. Members of the .NGO|.ONG community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
- Structured. Members of the .NGO|.ONG community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organizational standards, or other governance structures.)
- Lawful. Members of the .NGO|.ONG community act with integrity within the bounds of law. NGOs and ONGs participating as members in the .NGO|.ONG community must certify that they adhere to the above .NGO|.ONG Eligibility Criteria.
Please note that the TLDs .ONG and .NGO are included in one registration. If you register .ONG, the same domain name will be registered under .NGO too, and vice versa. Only the .NGO domain name will appear in your account domain list. All changes made to one domain will automatically be reflected on the other, apart from the DNSSEC information.
Registration fee$56,99 / year
Renewal fee$56,99 / year
Trade feefree of charge
Minimum registration and renewal period1 year